James S. Rogers is a principal lawyer in Seattle’s The Law Offices of James S. Rogers. His practice is limited to serious personal injury and product liability litigation.
Mr. Rogers is a member of DART (Damage Attorneys Round Table), and a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, a Fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, a Fellow of the International Society of Barristers, and a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (President, 2007, Washington State Chapter).
Mr. Rogers was WSAJ’s 1998 “Trial Lawyer of the Year” and was named the Washington Defense Trial Lawyers 2010 “Outstanding Plaintiff Trial Lawyer of the Year”. Mr. Rogers is the 2018 “Best Lawyers Seattle Plaintiff’s Product Liability Litigation Lawyer of the Year”. Mr. Rogers has been selected for inclusion in “The Best Lawyers in America” every year since 2003.
Mr. Rogers was President of WSTLA in 1991-1992.
Notable Honors and Board Positions
Notable honors and board positions obtained by Mr. Rogers include:
- Best Lawyers® 2018 Seattle Plaintiffs Product Liability Litigation “Lawyer of the Year”
- Best Lawyers® 2015 Seattle Plaintiffs Product Liability Litigation “Lawyer of the Year”
- Inclusion in the 2003 – 2018 editions of “The Best Lawyers in America”
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association’s 1998 Trial Lawyer of the Year
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association’s President’s Award for his contributions to the civil justice system in May of 2002
- President, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association
- President, Western Trial Lawyers Association
- Nine-year Member, Board of Governors of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Member, Board of Directors for the Attorneys’ Information Exchange Group, a national organization of plaintiff attorneys handling automotive product liability litigation
- Member, Board of Directors of the Endowment for Equal Justice
- Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Invited to address the University of Arizona College of Law in February, 2016, as part of the College’s Civil Justice Initiative
Awards and Recognition
- Best Lawyers 2018 Seattle Plaintiffs Product Liability Litigation “Lawyer of the Year”
- Best Lawyers 2015 Seattle Plaintiffs Product Liability Litigation “Lawyer of the Year”
- The Best Lawyers® in America, personal injury and product liability (2002-2015 editions).
- Super Lawyer 2000-2015; Top 100 Super Lawyer (in state) (2010 – 2015)
- Widely recognized as the most respected list of attorneys in practice selected by one’s peers
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers, Outstanding Plaintiff’s Trial Lawyer of the Year (2010)
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, Trial Lawyer of the Year (1998)
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, President’s Award (2002)
- Named one of the “Top Lawyers” by Seattle magazine, (2003, 2005 and 2007)
- (Seattle magazine has not published its “Top Lawyers” lists since 2007)
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV” rated (highest rating) (since 1979)
- AVVO “10″ rating (highest rating)
Publications & Speaking Engagements
Mr. Rogers has lectured at more than 125 legal seminars sponsored by state and national trial lawyer and bar associations. He also served as the co-moderator of “Anatomy of a Personal Injury Lawsuit: The Video Series”.
Mr. Rogers served as the Editor-in-Chief of Anatomy of a Personal Injury Lawsuit, 3rd Edition, published by ATLA Press. He has also published articles in many legal publications, including serving as a co-author on an article titled, “Civil Rule 30(b)(6) Depositions” published in the Washington State Association for Justice Product Liability Deskbook, 2014.